Aug 31, 2017Chatelaine
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/2 tsp
1 1/4 cups
canned pumpkin purée
1/3 250-g pkg
cream cheese, softened
unsalted butter, softened
- PREHEAT oven to 350F. Line a 9 x 5-in. loaf pan with parchment, overhanging on both long sides.
- WHISK flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin-pie spice, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp salt in a medium bowl.
- WHISK eggs and granulated sugar in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin, oil and vanilla. Stir flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until combined. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth top.
- BAKE until loaf is dark golden and a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean, 50 to 55 min. Let cool on a rack for 15 min. Remove from pan and peel off parchment. Cool loaf completely on rack.
- BEAT cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium, until smooth. Beat in icing sugar until combined. Spread over loaf. Sprinkle with pepitas.
NutritionCalories 297, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 40 g, Fat 14 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 221 mg. Excellent source of vitamin A
Chatelaine Quickies: Pumpkin-ale sweet bread