Updated Jan 31, 2018Chatelaine
jalapeño, halved and seeded
lime, cut into wedges
fresh lime juice
- COMBINE sugar and water in a small pot. Bring to a boil and cook until sugar dissolves. Add chopped cucumber and jalapeño and boil for another 2 min. Set aside to cool and infuse.
- STIR salt, zest, paprika and pepper flakes in a shallow bowl.
- CUT a slit into a lime wedge, leaving the peel intact. Run the slit around the rim of 4 glasses until coated with juice. Dip rims in salt mixture to coat.
- FILL each glass with 2 tbsp lime juice. Remove cucumber and jalapeño from syrup and discard; add 1 tbsp syrup to each glass. Stir, then top with ice and 1/4 cup club soda.
- GARNISH each mocktail with a cucumber ribbon and a jalapeño ring.
Kitchen Tip: Peel thin cucumber ribbons with a vegetable peeler, then thread onto small skewers for garnish.
NutritionCalories 45, Carbohydrates 12 g, Sodium 170 mg.
Chatelaine Quenchers: How to make lemonade slushies