Jan 31, 2018Chatelaine
sweet potatoes, ends removed, sliced into scant 1/2-in. rounds (about 750 g)
olive oil, divided
sweet onion, sliced
dried chorizo sausage, chopped (1 cup)
1 1/2 tbsp
manchego cheese, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- POSITION rack in bottom third of oven, then preheat to 450F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- TOSS sweet potatoes with 1 1/2 tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Spread in an even layer on prepared sheet. Roast until tender and slightly browned at edges, 15 to 18 min, flipping halfway.
- HEAT remaining 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a medium frying pan over medium. Add onion and cook until softened and starting to caramelize, 15 min. Add chorizo and cook until some of the fat is rendered and it starts to brown, 5 min. Pour off excess fat.
- ADD vinegar and honey and bring to a simmer. Cook until slightly reduced and sticky, 3 to 4 min, then remove from heat.
- TRANSFER sweet potatoes to a serving platter. Top each with a slice of manchego and some chorizo mixture, then sprinkle with parsley.
Kitchen Tip: Look for sweet potatoes that are narrow and long to create smaller rounds with better structure.
Kitchen Tip: Peel thin slices of manchego with a vegetable peeler.
NutritionCalories 76, Protein 2 g, Carbohydrates 7 g, Fat 4 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 133 mg.
Chatelaine Quickies: Thai sweet potato curry soup