Updated Nov 30, 2016Chatelaine
frozen cherries, thawed (4 cups)
dark chocolate, (scant 1 cup), chopped and melted
shaved milk or white chocolate, (1/4 cup)
- STIR cherries and juices with granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium.
- WHISK cornstarch with 2 tbsp water and add to cherry mixture. Cook, stirring until thickened, 8 to 10 min. Stir in kirsch. Transfer to a bowl.
- REFRIGERATE until cool, about 1 hour. Strain cherry mixture; reserve cherries and half of the liquid.
- BEAT cream and icing sugar in a bowl, using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Beat in sour cream and vanilla.
- STIR melted dark chocolate into Devon custard. Spoon cherries onto bottom of a 3-L trifle bowl. Reserve half of the cookies, then arrange remaining cookies overtop.
- COVER with custard mixture, then cream mixture. Layer reserved cookies overtop. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with milk chocolate and white chocolate shavings, and serve with reserved cherry liquid.
NutritionCalories 298, Protein 4 g, Carbohydrates 34 g, Fat 16 g, Fibre 2 g, Sodium 131 mg.
How to melt chocolate using a double-boiler