Jan 21, 2019Chatelaine
- POSITION rack in centre of oven, then preheat to 300F. Arrange 6 1/2-cup ramekins in a baking dish large enough to hold all of them. Boil a kettle of water.
- WHISK egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar in a large bowl until sugar dissolves and mixture is pale and smooth; set aside. Place a damp tea towel under the bowl to keep it steady on the counter.
- HEAT cream in a medium pan set over medium until it starts to boil, about 5 min.
- SLOWLY add hot cream to egg mixture, a little at a time, whisking continuously until combined, about 2 min. Whisk in vanilla. Divide mixture among ramekins. Pour enough boiled water down the side of the baking dish until it comes halfway up the ramekins.
- BAKE until custard is just set and centres are jiggly, 50 min to 1 hr. Transfer