Updated Jul 9, 2018Chatelaine
- PREHEAT barbecue to medium.
- HALVE nectarines and remove pits.
- STIR flour with oats and sugar in a small bowl until combined. Add butter. Work butter into flour mixture, using your fingertips, until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly among nectarines, cut-side up.
- OIL grill. Barbecue nectarines, cut-side up, lid closed, until crumble is golden, 10 to 15 min.
- CUT vanilla bean in half, lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with the back of a paring knife. Stir seeds into crème fraîche (or sour cream) in a small bowl until smooth. Serve with grilled nectarines, if desired. Sprinkle with fresh basil or mint leaves, if desired.