Updated May 15, 2019Cynthia Budhu
frozen large shrimp, peeled
1 1/2 tsp
vegetable oil, or butter
1/2 to 3/4 tsp
curry paste, preferably Thai Red curry paste
- Following package directions, thaw shrimp. Coarsely chop onion.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan set over medium heat. Add onion and stir often until soft, about 3 min. Meanwhile, slice zucchini into thin rounds and green onions into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces.
- Add ½ tsp (2 mL) curry paste to frying pan and stir until onion is coated.
- Add shrimp, zucchini, green onions and ¼ cup (50 mL) water. Increase heat to medium-high. Stir-fry until shrimp are pink and vegetables are tender, about 4 min.
- Taste, and if you would like it spicier, stir in remaining ¼ tsp (1 mL) curry paste. Gradually stir in spinach. Cook until just wilted, about 1 min. Taste and add salt if needed.
This will make a great shrimp dinner!
NutritionCalories 180, Protein 27 g, Carbohydrates 10 g, Fat 4 g, Fibre 4 g, Sodium 6 mg. Good source of curry Excellent source of shrimp High source of protein Very high source of calories
Terrific over basmati rice.
A nice glass of white