Updated Sep 10, 2015Chatelaine
- PEEL back and discard husks from corn. Remove silk from cobs, then shave corn from cobs using a knife. Reserve 1 cup corn kernels for Summer Steak Salad. Whirl remaining kernels in food processor until smooth.
- SPRINKLE steaks with salt. Season with fresh pepper.
- HEAT an extra-large frying pan over medium-high. Add 1 tsp oil, then 1 steak. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 6 to 7 min per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil. Repeat with remaining 1 tsp oil and steak.
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan over medium. Add puréed corn and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 min. Season with fresh pepper.
- DIVIDE polenta among 4 plates. Slice 1 steak thinly against the grain, then arrange over corn. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cool and refrigerate remaining steak for Summer Steak Salad.