Updated Feb 1, 2019Chatelaine
solid white tuna, in broth or oil
thick-sliced bread, toasted
- Put the egg yolks, egg, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper in the food processor and process for 10 seconds until creamy.
- With the food processor running continuously, slowly add your oil — almost droplets at a time. You want to make sure it’s added slowly to assist in the emulsion process. The mayonnaise should come out fairly thick.
- Once you’ve added 1 1/2 cups of the oil, stop the machine and check the mayonnaise for taste and consistency. Adjust the seasoning and, if the mayonnaise is very thick, process in drops of lemon juice to thin. If it’s still too thin, continue to slowly add in your oil.
- Transfer the finished mayonnaise into a bowl and if not using immediately, cover and store in the fridge. This sauce is good in the fridge up to one week. If bringing out of the fridge, be sure to give it a quick ‘whip’ before using.
- Tuna salad: In a stainless Steel bowl mix tuna, antipasto, mayo, salt and pepper.
- Top thick-sliced, toasted piece of white bread with tuna salad.
- Grate gouda cheese over the top.
- Broil until cheese is bubbly and browned.
Presentation: Add 2 tbsp of Antipasto over the top of sandwich and garnish with Sorrel leaves (adds a nice lemon flavour) or celery leaves. Serve with a fork and knife.