Updated Feb 27, 2015Chatelaine
- WHISK eggs with milk in a large bowl. Whisk in flour and salt until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 min (this will keep blintzes tender when cooked).
- HEAT a medium non-stick frying pan over medium. Lightly spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot pan. Lift pan from burner and tilt to very thinly cover bottom. Return to burner and cook until top is set, about 1 min, then flip carefully with a wide rubber spatula. Cook until underside is just golden, about 1 more min. If crepe is browning too quickly, adjust heat. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. If making ahead, stack with wax paper in between, then cool. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- DRAIN cottage cheese well. Cheese should measure about 2/3 cup. Transfer to food processor. Add yogurt, honey and cinnamon. Whirl until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- COMBINE blueberries and honey in a small saucepan and set over medium-high. Stir occasionally, until blueberries are tender but still hold their shape, about 5 min. Remove from heat. Stir 1 tbsp of warm sauce into cheese mixture.
- SCOOP 3 tbsp of cheese filling onto the bottom third of a crepe. Fold crepe gently over filling, fold in the sides about 1/2 in., then roll crepe up. Repeat with remaining crepes and cheese filling. Spoon 2 scant tbsp sauce over top of each crepe. Serve immediately.
NutritionCalories 197, Protein 13 g, Carbohydrates 27 g, Fat 4 g, Fibre 1 g, Sodium 247 mg.
If you prefer them warm, arrange rolls in a baking dish. Bake for 10 min in a 350F oven. Or spray a frying pan with non-stick spray and heat blintzes until outsides are slightly crispy and dark golden.
Blueberries: With more disease-fighting antioxidants than almost any other fruit, they strengthen mind, muscles and bones.