Updated Nov 24, 2014Chatelaine
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, honey, 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil and salt in a large baking dish. Spread over chicken breasts. Marinate for 2 to 12 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 450ºF (230ºC).
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp (25 mL) oil in a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sear for 2 minutes a side or until golden. Place pan in oven and cook for 8 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Place tortillas in foil and warm in oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve tortillas and chicken on platters with bowls of sour cream, grated cheese, salsa and guacamole. Let guests make their own fajitas.
By Lucy Waverman
As featured in FOOD AND DRINK Winter 2007
Making and serving the salsa and the sauce that accompany the fajitas separately allows people to fill their tortillas as they wish and means you are not grilling vegetables at the same time as the chicken