Have you ever had the craving for s’mores, but lacked the wilderness and campfire to make it happen? Here’s a perfect s’mores hack to sate that craving in a pinch. Roasting the marshmallows over a grill gives them that essential smoky, roasted flavour. All you need to make these quick and quirky treats is a barbecue, marshmallows, chocolate and graham cracker crumbs!
The Urban S’more
Prep: 10 min
Makes: As many as you want!
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- HEAT a barbecue to high. Get it good and hot, 400F or hotter.
- SKEWER marshmallows on roasting skewers or coat hangers. Hold marshmallows 1/2-inch over grill, rotating as needed until marshmallows are a deep golden colour. Remove skewer from heat and let cool long enough that the marshmallows have set, and are cool enough to handle. Slip off and set on a parchment-lined plate. Repeat with as many marshmallows as you want to make.
- DIP half of the roasted marshmallow into melted chocolate, then graham cracker crumbs. Eat immediately or return to parchment-lined plate and chill until set.
Looking to switch your s’mores up a little bit? Here are four variations:
1. Marshmallow + white chocolate + Oreo crumbs.
2. Marshmallow + dark chocolate + ginger snap crumbs.
3. Marshmallow + mint chocolate + chocolate wafer crumbs.
4. Marshmallow + milk chocolate + shortbread cookie crumbs.